Q. How do I use the Library to research legal resources?
Find Items to Check Out
The Library carries many legal books, including several from the reputable legal publisher Nolo Press. When consulting a legal advice book, be sure to note the publication year, as some information may be outdated. Contact a librarian by phone (408-730-7300) or chat for assistance finding the latest edition of a particular title.
Search our catalog for topics such as:
Locate Community Resources
- Bay Area Legal Aid - Legal services for low-income and middle-income individuals.
- Free and Low Cost Legal Help - Santa Clara County Court Self-Help Center.
- Lawyer Referral Service - Santa Clara County Bar Association lawyer referral service.
- Lawyers in the Library - Free legal consultations are available at local community sites through the Lawyers in the Library program.
- Santa Clara County Law Library - Free public law library.
- Sunnyvale Municipal Code - Codes that govern the day-to-day operations of the City of Sunnyvale.