How do I get a library card from Sunnyvale Public Library?
It's easy to get a Sunnyvale Public Library card to meet your needs. We have two primary types of cards:
1) You can get an Instant Online Access Card immediately by completing our online registration form.
This card will allow you to:
- Have immediate access to eResources for research, skill building and language learning
- Download eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Stream movies and TV shows
- Place holds on library materials*
* You will not be able to pick up any holds placed on physical Library materials without converting card to either a Limited-access card or a Full Access Library Card.
2) You can get a Full Access Library Card by completing the Instant Online Access Card online registration form and then coming to the Library to verify your identity during open hours. You will need photo ID (ex. license, passport, student ID) and proof of current mailing address (ex. license, utility bill, rental agreement). If you do not have a photo ID and/or proof of current mailing address you will be issued a Limited-access Library card.
This card will allow you to do everything the Instant Online Access Card does as well as:
- Pick up holds on physical materials
- Check out physical library materials