Q. How do I set up my account for the new catalog?
With the new catalog, you will have the opportunity to create a new account that will allow you to advantage of all of the features of the site, including the ability to manage your renewals and holds, contribute ratings and reviews, and follow others to see what they’re enjoying. Screenshots below will walk you through the registration system.
You will need to already have a Library Card with the Sunnyvale Public Library before creating an account. To get an Instant Access Library card right now complete the online registration form.
1. Go to the login/registration page.
2. Enter your entire library barcode or ID number in the "Barcode or Username" field and your PIN in the "PIN" Field. Select "Log In" when both fields are entered.
3. A window will pop up prompting you to begin setting up your account.
4. After clicking the button, verify that the information is correct. This is information that was imported from the old library catalog.
If you have multiple emails in your email address, choose only one and delete the others.
5. You will need to choose a username. This will let you log into the system without your barcode. Any public comments you make or lists you create will include your username.
Need ideas? Use your initials and your street number (SDK203), your dog’s name, or something about you (Twilightfan), that’s short and easy for you to remember.
After you've chosen your username, accept the terms and conditions and continue.
6. Once you've chosen your username and accepted the Terms and Conditions, you can continue to the rest of the website.